Open to Nurses and Healthcare Assistants who have completed the Primary Ear Care Diploma Course, Ear Care Study Day 1 or 2 Day Healthcare Assistants’ /Assistant Practitioners’ course within the last 2 years.
Nurses/Healthcare Assistants working in Primary Care are frequently asked to see patients with ear problems. This half day up-date session allows the practitioner to revise their knowledge and competence of irrigation.
Course Aims include:
- To revise the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- To gain an understanding of infection control associated with ear care
- To gain an understanding of documentation in relation to ear care.
- To gain the ability to undertake ear care within the boundaries and limits of the candidate’s professional competence, responsibility and accountability.
Participants will have:-
- revised the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- revised and have an understanding of the prevention of ear problems, considering the patient holistically.
- an understanding of the decontamination of equipment.
- an understanding of documentation in relation to ear care.
- the ability to undertake ear care within the boundaries and limits of their professional competence, responsibility and accountability.
- an understanding to complete the competency handbook, consistent with their individual level of skill and knowledge.
Price: £100.00 per person.
Saturday 27th January 2018
Saturday 21st April 2018
Saturday 7th July 2018
Saturday 13th October 2018
What to do now? – for more information and to provisionally reserve a place, please telephone us. Your place will be held for a maximum of 3 weeks, during which time you should print and complete the application form and then either email post or fax it to us. If you are unable to confirm within 3 weeks, to avoid withdrawal of the offer, please telephone us to discuss any problems.